The rest of the world may have celebrated National Popcorn Day last week, but we celebrate it every. single. day. As we were poppin’ bottles and getting into our daily jubilee, it dawned on us: couldn’t the whole world use a little more celebration? So, we’d like to invite you to raise your glass with us… because, why not?
To fill our cup, we have a recipe from local legend and entirely fictional chef, Wolfgang Pop. Known for his unconventional and ingenious pairings, he exploded onto the culinary scene with flying kernels and has created the recipe below especially for us.
Pineapple Chili Poptail Mocktail
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Serrano chili peppers
- Pineapple juice
- Sparkling water
- In Queso Fire popcorn
- To start, make a spicy simple syrup. Combine 1 cup of water, 1 cup of sugar, and 2 chopped serrano chilis in a small pot. (Hint, for less spice, cook the chilis whole or slice one side. The more your cut into the chili, the spicier the syrup.)
- Bring the mixture to a boil for one minute before removing from heat. (Note: Don’t have a timer? That’s OK. We recommend singing Happy Birthday 6 times. This also serves to pump up the party spirit.)
- Once the syrup has cooled, pour it through a strainer to remove the chili chunks.
- Pick your favorite glass and fill it with ice and 1oz of serrano chili simple syrup. Make that cup half full with some pineapple juice, then a splash of sparkling water and stir.
- To complete this party potion, top it off with a skewer of In Queso Fire popcorn. With jalapeno lighting the fire and sharp cheddar putting it out, this popcorn is the perfect pairing.